City of London, London
£30000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced and highly-motivated Assistant Property Manager, to work in one of London's most iconic buildings.
Working within a demanding building that will challenge you, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to fine-tune their existing skillset within commercial property management and enhance their experience within a prestigious environment. The building itself is made up of 45 floors of office space (fully let to over 20 businesses), 2 reception areas, 2 retailers and a high-end restaurant.
Assist the Property Manager with the execution and delivery of all services pertaining to the operational management of the building. Provide full secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Property Management Team.
- Support the Property Manager in advancing good client relations with appropriate occupier representatives; propagate open communication and flow of information on building issues.
- With assistance from the Property Manager ensure and update records of compliance with all operational processes and procedures.
- Assist the Property Manager in procuring quoted costs and other appropriate information to facilitate the production and subsequent management of the building service charge budget.
- Support the Property Manager in ensuring that health & safety, emergency procedures and safe working practices are enforced and conform to current legislation. In the absence of the Property Manager to take control of any emergency situations and execute evacuation plans.
- Support the Property Manager in undertaking regular physical inspections of completed works and service contracts, and of all areas of the premises in their entirety.
- Support the Property Manager with all aspects of routine correspondence and lead on administrative duties to support the efficient running of the building management office.
- Assist the Property Manager in ensuring that the production of service specifications, contracts and associated documentation properly represent the service requirement of the premises and are presented and executed in accordance with company guidelines.
- Assist with the tracking and processing of service invoices and the production of management accounts.
- Manage the computerised building help desk facility, including maintaining asset registers (for new & existing plants & equipment) and managing PPMs (amending dates, adding new instructions etc.
Our client provides property management services to the whole building, including hard and soft services comprising reception, security, M&E, horizontal and vertical cleaning and vertical transportation management.
The onsite management team consists of a site-based Property Director, Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager, Engineering Manager, Deputy Engineering Manager, Events and Communications Manager, who are all supported by over 130 support services employees.
- Previous Property Management or Concierge experience within a prestigious/trophy building.
- Well-presented with fantastic communication skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Knowledge of building Health & Safety.
- Budget Management capabilities.
- Helpdesk System experience.
- Basic IT skills.
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 (depending on experience and suitability).