Marylebone, United Kingdom
almost 2 years ago
Our client is a multi-branch independent property company, specialising in sales, lettings and property management across Marylebone, Paddington, Fitzrovia, Regents Park and Hyde Park.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Block Manager to hold responsibility for a portfolio of properties and liaising with landlords, leaseholders and contractors. This role includes exposure to Service Charge Budgets, Section 20s, handling insurance claims, arranging maintenance works and attending regular site visits/AGMs.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities
- Dealing with leaseholder’s enquiries proactively with care and due diligence.
- Receiving and responding appropriately to issues as they arise and dealing effectively with the consequences using initiative to prioritise according to the needs of the business.
- Responsible for all day to day reactive maintenance requirements across the portfolio.
- Working with the Senior Portfolio Manager in the preparation of Annual Service Charge Budget and ensuring budgets go out to leaseholders with covering letters and demands on time.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover all necessary repairs/works - in conjunction with the Senior Property Manager.
- Issuing Section 20 Notices.
- Attending board, AGM/EGM and resident meetings, and taking appropriate minutes.
- Liaise with Senior Portfolio Manager regarding company secretarial matters, directorship appointments and resignations, etc.
- Liaise with Senior Portfolio Manager regarding sales packs and legal enquiries.
- Liaise with Accounts Department and others as required, regarding payment of service charges and other charges. Ensuring all service charges and ground rent payments are up to date.
- Regular data inputting including service charge receipts, and expense payments, ensuring systems are kept up to date to assist Accounts team to complete month end reconciliations.
- Checking, approving and registering on Qube all invoices relating to reactive maintenance jobs and ensuring that the workflows are kept free.
- Prepare and agree scope of works for repairs and instruct surveyors/contractors in relation to other repairs. Follow through all instructions issues and ensure completion in line with agreed time frame, costs and quality.
- Alongside the Senior Portfolio Property, co-ordinate all legal proceedings for ground rent/service charge arrears and other breach of the lease.
- Ensuring all H&S compliance is up to date and maintaining the risk management system.
- Undertake regular site inspections/meetings/surveys in accordance with the contractual obligations of the company and additional visits as required.
- Ensuring the highest cover of customer service at all times with all internal teams, external stakeholders & customers.
- Providing cover for other team members during holiday and sickness absence, and during busy periods.
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in the residential property sector, preferably within Central London.
- A relevant academic background and IRPM qualified.
- Articulate telephone manner and strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to problem solving.
- The ability to work independently with little supervision over tasks.
- Experience of using Qube PM.
- A practical approach to problem solving and an ability to prioritise tasks.
- Good listening skills and a confidence in handling difficult conversations.
Hours: 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000