£23000 - £28000 per annum
7 months ago
Job Title: Block Manager
Location: Teddington, Surrey
Package: £23,000 - £28,000 (DOE) + commission scheme + mileage
Candidates should ideally have a proven track record working in residential block or property management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Respond to leaseholder and client enquiries by email, telephone and post
- Carry out regular inspections of properties under your portfolio and identify any maintenance issues
- Oversee and respond to repairs and maintenance issues within set time frames
- Attend client Board meetings, including AGM's and Directors meetings
- Liaise with accounts department on the management of service charge and ground rent arrears
- Produce budgets, including reserve funding for the forthcoming years for Board approval
- Oversee expenditure in accordance with the budget during the year
- Authorise contractor invoices prior to payment
- Assist with the project management of major internal and external works
- Knowledge and implementation of Section 20 Notices including other relevant statutory regulations
- Work alongside surveyors (or relevant professional consultants) on major works projects
- Ensure client files are updated and easily accessible
- Ensure insurance claims are being processed efficiently and correctly (in conjunction with the appropriate members of staff)
- Circulate information to residents regarding any management issues
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and that General and Fire risk assessment recommendations are implemented.
- Knowledge of assured Shorthold Tenancies (AST's) and carrying out day to day management of such properties
- Living within a commuting distance of no more than 35 minutes from the job location
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel skills
- A commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Block or Property Management experience
- ARLA or IRPM desirable
If this role is of interest to you, please do apply with your CV attached for consideration.
If you can think of anyone who might be interested in the vacancy below, we provide £200 vouchers for successful recommendations.
For more information or to apply for this role send your CV to Dove & Hawk remembering to quote vacancy reference: 7485