West End, London
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
12 months ago
Our client, an established market leader in the London property sector, is seeking an experienced Block Manager to join their Central London head office.
- Day to day management of a designated portfolio of properties consisting of 5 blocks totalling to circa 500 units
- Effective planning and management of all maintenance and repair work and to monitor and control all regular maintenance contracts.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with existing and where necessary source new contractors
- Authorise and approve all invoices received for payment being satisfied that the works or supply represented by the invoice has been properly incurred and satisfactorily completed or delivered.
- Ensure the regular inspection of all managed buildings and the maintenance of reports concerning those inspections.
- Provide management and reporting information as and when required.
- Supervise and monitor the maintenance and updating of the computerised property records system.
- Pre and post tenancy work including minor refurbishments.
- Work with line manager to acquire new management instructions in accordance with lettings and portfolio management strategy
- Maximises income and capital growth.
- Ensure Health & Safety, emergency procedures and safe working practices are established, maintained and conform with current legislation.
- IRPM or RICS qualified (desirable)
- IOSH certifcated (or working towards)
- Strong working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Acts, Statutory Instruments and Regulations.
- Demonstrable ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures and relevant leasehold legislation including RICS and ARMA guidelines
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm - Flexi working (2/3 days from home)