|Job Title:||Building Surveyor|
|Contact Name:||Roger Hawthorn|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + car allowance|
|Sector:||Construction and Technical|
Our client, one of the largest managing agents in the UK, is currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor to provide technical support to their Estate Managers/Coordinators on any building matters or estate health & safety issues.
Reporting into a Senior Building Surveyor, this role includes scheduling estate visits to carry out fire risk assessments (in compliance with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005), completing the necessary reports and managing any actions that are identified.
· Identification of building defects as reported by key stakeholders and provide solutions for remedy;
· Specification writing and tendering process;
· Assist with the handover process from developer clients;
· Carry out fire risk assessments to the common parts and manage any actions identified for elimination;
· Liaise with the Fire Safety Officer with regards to fire defence systems at their request, following a statutory visit;
· Responsible for managing a portfolio of commercial properties and carrying out regular site visits;
· Providing professional advice to all departments regarding commercial property or estate management matters;
· Liaising, managing, and monitoring of external agents appointed by the firm to manage its properties;
· Involvement of major insurance claims and supervision of major repairs;
· Undertake supervision of redecoration programme;
· Establish relationships with clients, developers, suppliers, contractors, and colleagues.
· Degree education (property-focused);
· Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act and of fire risk assessments;
· Well organised and capable of managing time effectively;
· Excellent communication skills (verbally & written);
· Competent IT skills (including Excel)
With assignments across the UK, you will be assigned a geographical area to cover and predominantly be home-based (with occasional visits to the Head Office required). To fulfil this position effectively, you should hold a full UK driving licence and have your own vehicle - a car allowance is provided as part of the package.
Package: £30k-£35k basic salary (plus car allowance)
If you are interested learning more about this position, please click on the link or contact Roger Hawthorn at Dove & Hawk quoting reference number 8169.