West Midlands, England
£250 - £350 per day
10 months ago
Our client is a specialist property consultancy working predominantly in the education sector. They are looking to hire a Chartered Building Surveyor on a 3-month contract at their Solihull office, where you will enjoy a high-quality and diverse range of instructions.
- Advising clients on schemes & projects and determining requirements by carrying out feasibility studies & budget costings;
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works;
- Preparing documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers, and procurement routes;
- Design and use of AutoCAD - most CAD work is undertaken by Architectural Technicians however a solid grounding in CAD is preferred;
- Project procurement through the RIBA work stages;
- Contract administration;
- Project management - ensuring projects are completed on-budget and to schedule;
- Experience and track record of securing Capital funding from funding agencies;
- Building Surveys recording the condition of existing buildings; identifying and analysing defects (including proposals for repair);
- Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of works of buildings including provision of PPM schedules;
- Processing planning applications and advising clients on property legislation including DDA, health & safety and building regulations;
- Carrying out Part Wall procedures for both building owner and adjoining owner.
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS);
- Highly competent, self-driven and client facing;
- Experience of Professional Services work, Fire Risk Assessments and Party Wall surveying;
- Experience of working within the Education sector;
- Confidence to be able to work autonomously;
- Good building surveying skills and an aptitude for project management;
- Superb communication skills both verbally and written.
The successful applicant will be undertaking pieces of work predominantly in the Midlands and Yorkshire regions. The focus of these instructions will be in the design and contract administration of new build, extension, refurbishment, and elemental renewal building projects.
Pay: £250-£350 per day
Dove & Hawk is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.