£48000 - £54000 per annum
12 months ago
Our client (a charitable foundation) is seeking an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to join their expanding team and help the company deliver on a number of exciting projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivering on projects effectively from inception to completion, including handover and project close out, in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Managing the Capital Works and Building Maintenance (planned and reactive) Budgets in conjunction with the property director and the management accountant.
- Prepare budgetary figures and pre-tender estimates derived from the maintenance programme for all properties within the portfolio.
- Compile a project plan that is both comprehensive and deliverable in conjunction with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the property director to maintain the property portfolio.
- Receive and process quotations and invoices
- Ensure that all project and contract documentation is stored manually and electronically
- Assist the property director with the preparation of reports for Trustee Meetings
Person Specification and Key Skills:
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS)
- Building surveying degree or professional equivalent
- Significant experience of managing a range of projects, which includes works within large, complex, health and safety focused and regulated organisation(s).
- Historic building experience (preferred).
- CDM Regulations knowledge
- Budget management
- Health and Safety qualifications
- Prince 2 or similar
- Knowledge of CAD
List of benefits include:
- £48,000 - £54,000 basic salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave + 5 days after 5 years service
- Group personal pension
- Equipment for the role
- 34 hour week, early Friday finish
- Office shut-down between Christmas and New Year
- Annual salary review
- Eye Tests, Dental, Medical
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans