South East London, London
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Our client, a multi-disciplinary Practice of professional Chartered Surveyors and Construction Consultants, are currently recruiting for a Clerk of Works to join their busy team based in South East London.
Within this position you will be expected to represent the interests of the client with regards to ensuring the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specification, drawings, and quality standards.
· Study the contract drawings and schedules, and information produced by consultants and specialists;
· Study the programme for issue of further information;
· Study bills of quantities and/or specifications;
· Study the Health and Safety plan for the project;
· Study relevant British Standards and Approved Codes of Conduct;
· Establish lines of communication with the project Employer's Agent, Quantity Surveyor, architect, and the site supervisor/Project Manager;
· Clarify with the Employer's Agent the standards to be met under the contract;
· If requested, advised on materials, construction details, samples etc.;
· Assemble and record documents supplied for use on site and clarify how they are expected to be used;
· Be able to record findings via report style method.
· A member of the Institute of Clerk of Works (or equivalent)
· At least 5 years of practical construction-related experience in monitoring works onsite;
· New build residential experience;
· Holds a full UK driving licence and have your own vehicle (to access certain sites);
· Planning & organisation skills, along with high attention to detail;
· Drive and enthusiasm - a proactive approach to work;
· Computer literate;
· Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written);
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
If you are interested in this position, please click on the link, or contact Roger Hawthorn at Dove & Hawk quoting reference number 8267.