West End, London
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Our client, one of the largest management companies in the UK, is seeking an experienced Client Accountant to join their team in Central London. The successful candidate will ensure the timely and accurate operation of the department including preparing or assisting in the preparation of client accounts.
· Provide property managers with financial information as requested within a reasonable timeframe.
· Process the requests received from managers.
· Deal with day to day queries from clients and Property Managers.
· Sending periodic reporting to Clients / Property Managers in pre-agreed format.
· Undertake transfer of funds correctly within client accounts
· Print invoices / preparing accounts pack visits at our offices if required.
· Update the shared control sheets when required.
· Ensure budgets are entered into the system accurately and within a timely manner when received.
· Prepare / send outstanding - budget report every month for FS Team Leader.
· Ensure PM's have the necessary financial assistance to be able to analyse and interpret data provided to them.
· Arrange and liaise with auditors when audits are due/in progress.
· Process any instructions following external and/or internal agreement between parties i.e. making adjustments.
· Prepare interim client accounts or associated reporting on client accounts as requested.
· Prepare accounts for New Build properties, including calculations of voids
· Ensuring Annual Returns & Tax Returns are filed on an annual basis where required.
· Development Managers, Regional/Property Managers, CCC, HCL, Clients and others to set-up and/or resolve any new business queries or client account queries.
· Make decisions both independently and collaboratively based on reasoned arguments, supported by evidence with a clear business benefit.
· Meet all Service Level Agreements within stated deadlines.
· Complete all further reasonable external or internal requests that are received.
· 3 years minimum experience within a Client Accountant position
· Highly organised, forward thinking, taking a lateral approach to problem solving.
· Maintain high standards of professionalism being polite and courteous to both internal and external parties at all times.
· Being punctual and prepared for all activities and meetings,
· Have a proven work ethic
· Demonstrate a consistent high level of customer service.
· Communicate in a well written and professional manner
Salary: £35k - £40k
· 25 days holiday plus additional day off for Birthday if falls on working day
· Pension Scheme contribution matched up to 6%
· Sponsored study for professional qualifications
· Cycle to work scheme
· Season ticket loan