|Job Title:||Commercial Development Manager|
|Contact Name:||Aaron Horton|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Bonus|
|Sector:||Real Estate Services|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced MRICS qualified property professional to oversee a growing portfolio of existing properties and developments for one of my good clients. They offer inspiring workspace for leaders in the creative industries. The sites are designed to facilitate community, collaboration and growth for the businesses and individuals that occupy our spaces.
They are poised for rapid expansion in 2022, with a number of acquisitions and developments underway and more planned in the near future. In our development department, we currently have a small in-house team and work closely with a cluster of external professionals. This is a fantastic opportunity to strategically develop the department in preparation for growth.
This role assumes responsibility for all properties within our portfolio, overseeing all aspects of development including programming, financial control, planning, negotiation of contracts, building regulations and quality control.
You will deliver and implement a strategy that ensures our buildings are delivered to the highest standards of design, compliance, fire and health & safety, with these standards maintained via a comprehensive programme of training, processes and carefully managed KPIs for relevant team members.
- Ensure EWA sites are compliant with all relevant H&S, fire and regulatory requirements at all times.
- Manage the construction department budget.
- Oversee design, planning and construction phases from inception to completion.
- Devise strategies and negotiate contracts and supplier relationships to achieve best value across all construction projects.
- With early planning and careful research, oversee procurement to ensure the best possible materials are chosen and the best value is obtained.
- Devise thorough project schedules, ensuring deadlines are met and critical path items are prioritised.
- Schedule project meetings carefully, ensuring the appropriate stakeholders and contributors are brought together at optimal times.
- Lead monthly development meetings, delivering up-to-date project and budget reports and setting efficient agendas to include all critical issues to be resolved.
- Deliver the requisite planning and landlord consents through liaison with the relevant stakeholders and management of the team.
- Manage contract negotiations with builders and other contractors, ensuring they deliver value and quality.
- Manage our in-house team of architects, surveyors and work with our on-site contractors, overseeing and taking ultimate responsibility for their work in terms of regulations and compliance.
- Oversee the evolution of our design strategy and its implementation.
- Handover new developments to the operations team with all regulatory and compliance requirements complete. Design and implement thorough systems, processes and training to ensure the highest standards of compliance are upheld.
Experience & Qualifications
- MRICS qualified
- 8+ years commercial property experience
- Proven project management experience
- Proven ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures, and legislation relevant to commercial property development and management
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels
- Adept at managing various stakeholder relationships to reach solutions
- Extensive hands on experience procuring and negotiating contracts and achieving value on projects large and small
- Extensive budgeting experience, commercially driven
- Simply Health full medical care package
- Cycle to work Scheme
- 23 days holiday + 1 for every year at the company up to a max of 3
- On-site discounts with Eat Work Art Access
- Team outings and events
- National Art Pass
- Aviva Pension
- Perkbox Subscription
Location: Hackney, East London
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 p/a (plus bonus)