East London, London
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + annual bonus (OTE of £60k)
5 months ago
Our client is recruiting for a General Manager to oversee an on-site lettings & management team at an exclusive residential development in East London.
The main function of this role is to ensure the successful delivery of services to all residents and the end-client. You must also ensure all statutory H&S requirements are met and be fully conversant with all aspects of this development.
- Engage with residents and create a sense of community within the development.
- Provide a first class service to all residents.
- Ensure all enquiries and maintenance issues are deal with in-line with agreed service levels.
- Forge productive relationships with key service partners, and seek economies of scale to ensure efficient running of the development.
Building & Apartment Management
- Oversee the property management function, dealing with all maintenance and repair works.
- Carry out regular inspections of communal areas and apartments.
- Hold responsibility for the H&S compliance coordination, liaising with the Facilities Management team as required.
- Deal with litigation and insurance claims as required.
- Manage the various contractors appointed to provide services to the apartments and buildings.
- Act as the first point-of-contact for commercial tenants within the development.
- Hold Line Manager responsibilities for a team of 9, including a Lettings Manager, Resident Services Manager, Front of House staff and Weekend/Night personnel.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals.
- Maintain team motivation and engagement.
- Provide regular asset performance reports and attend regular meetings with Line Manager.
- Manage the building expenditure budget and ensure value for money from suppliers (maximising the net operating income).
- Establish and deliver additional income streams where appropriate.
- Experience from within both property management and residential lettings.
- Proven experience of managing a residential building.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience from within a customer-facing role.
- Common-sense approach and a positive attitude.
- Outgoing, warm & friendly personality.
- Organised, meticulous and tenacious.
- Excellent written and spoken etiquette.
- Strong financial management skills.
SALARY - £45k-£50k basic salary, plus annual bonus (OTE of £60k)