Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
£22000 - £25000 per annum + benefits and bonus
about 1 year ago
Building Surveying and Valuations
My client, a SME Chartered Surveyor Consultancy, are currently opening their doors to Graduate Surveyors.
Their vision is to think innovatively, sustainably and progressively and want solid and driven graduates to join their growing business.
As a company, they provide residential surveying services for homeowners, landlords and agents, giving expert property advice, whilst following the most stringent RICS guidelines to produce accurate reports.
If you enjoy problem-solving and are interested in the design and construction of buildings, this could be the Graduate opportunity for you.
This is a work-based professional training scheme that usually takes 2 to 3 years - the scheme consists of on-the-job learning, regular meetings with a supervisor and an assessment review.
Although this role is open to all graduates, a degree in Building Surveying combined with technical knowledge will improve your suitability and likelihood of being successful in your application.
A degree in a range of property and construction-related subjects accredited by RICS will qualify you to take the relevant training to become a fully Chartered Surveyor.
If you have successfully completed a degree / Masters accredited by RICS, completion of the APC along with academic qualifications will lead to RICS Membership and Chartered Surveyor status, which not only means increased remuneration but also reputation.
Your duties will include:
- As a building surveyor, you will provide professional advice on property and construction, ranging from complex structures to modest adaptations and repairs of properties.
- You will complete detailed reports; identifying defects and advising on repair and maintenance for existing buildings and the development of new ones.
- You may implement preventative measures and look for ways to make buildings sustainable.
- Attending social and networking events.
- Creating and maintaining strong professional client relationships.
Skills and experience required:
- Relevant Degree / Masters in Real Estate / Construction
- Personable and positive attitude
- Technical knowledge and competence
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office etc)
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Willingness to take on high levels of responsibility
- Full UK Driver's licence and own car
Salary: £22,000-£25,000 depending on experience level
Working hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm
Location: Office based in Kingston
For more information please contact Morelle Pierson on the Investment & Development team at Dove & Hawk Property Recruitment.
0203 725 9832