£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Dove & Hawk are working alongside a Kent based Chartered Surveyor Consultancy who are looking for a Building Surveyor, to head up their small building services team
Duties/Functions of the role:
- Management of Departmental Staff
- To provide departmental report to Management Committee
- Managing the department budget/profitability in conjunction with the department director
- To mentor junior surveyors and APC candidates.
- Contributing towards the team's fee, billing and profit targets.
- Liaise with clients and support the team to develop the client portfolio.
- Support the team profile in the market and develop internal and external network for business opportunities, identifying areas for cross-selling where appropriate.
- Taking responsibility for own caseload and those of each department member
- ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule;
- advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements;
- preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works;
- organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes;
- determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair;
- advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings;
- instructing on construction design and management regulations;
- Ingoing commercial building surveys for various purposes, including acquisition
- carrying out feasibility studies;
- Preparing schedules of dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair) and negotiating settlements on behalf of clients
- Preparing cost plans for bank financial appraisal purposes and undertaking monitoring inspections and reports
- advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings;
- preparing insurance reinstatement cost assessments
- preparing building survey reports on commercial and industrial properties.
- writing specifications and monitoring building work up to and including final account.
- contract administration.
- preparing cost plans for bank financial appraisal purposes
- advising on Party Wall etc Act 1996 matters.
Requirements of the Role:
- Strong knowledge of current RICS legislation (MRICS / FRICS qualified)
- Knowledge of the Party Wall Act 1996
- Current relevant legislation Knowledge
- Knowledge of all Health and Safety regulations and requirements
- Full drivers licence with business insurance coverage
- 25 days holiday allowance
- Business mileage covers 45p per mile
- Healthcare schemes provided.
Salary Budgets: Circa £55,000 p/a
Required working hours: 09:00 - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
If you meet the required skillset of this role then I want to hear from you immediately as the role is available now. Apply with your CV attached remembering to quote vacancy reference: 8309.