South West London, London
£40000 - £55000 per annum + bonus
about 2 years ago
As Head of Operations & Member Services (property management), you will play a central role in helping our client achieve its vision to double in size over the next three years.
Our client is now in its tenth year of trading and has led the way in disrupting the residential HMO sector, winning multiple awards such as "Best Portfolio Landlord of the Year", a finalist in the National Lettings Awards and shortlisted in the Start Ups 100 list.
This is a rare opportunity to step-up and develop yourself as a leader with a lot of Responsibility, in a successful & established business with a proven track record.
The plan is for the Head of Operations to start as the Member Services Team Leader, in order to learn the systems & processes, and be trained on a rapid career development programme - this will lead through to running the overall Operations for the company. This will include growing the Member Services team from two to five and being the "go to" person in our London office. (This is subject to outstanding performance and quarterly reviews and targets).
You will be managed and mentored by the owner of this business, and you will also need to work closely with the Head of Finance and Head of Sales in order to deliver the business plan across the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deliver the Operations Team's annual, quarterly and weekly targets in-line with the business plan and Board decisions;
- Measure key performance indicators and report data to the Managing Director;
- Be the "go-to" person in the London office for coordinating HR, Admin & IT;
- Delegate to and supervise the activities of the team;
- Provide guidance, support and training to the team;
- Drive and foster a supportive & positive team culture;
- Drive the Member Services Team to achieve its revenue targets;
- Work with our web development team to improve our unique & custom-built industry-leading software system;
- Deliver constant operations process & policy implementation & improvement;
- Ensure property compliance is in-line with statutory regulations and best-practice;
- Responsible for the company delivering remarkable customer service;
- Contractor recruitment and management;
- Oversee credit control;
- Manage a small portfolio of business-critical landlords.
Traits & Attributes
- Lead by example;
- Ability to motivate a workforce to deliver on time, on budget and strive for excellence;
- Reliable, organised & meticulous attention to details;
- Effective management & delegation;
- Commercially minded;
- Effective decision-making skills, taking into account the company strategy.
Experience & Qualifications
- Residential Property Management (5 years minimum)
- Team management experience (3+ people)
- ARLA qualified (preferred, will be required within 6 months of starting)
Compensation & Benefits
- Basic salary of £40,000 - £55,000
- Performance-related bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Some flexibility of working arrangements
- Local gym membership