City of Westminster, London
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + 10% bonus (minimum)
about 1 year ago
Our client is a very successful property investment and asset management company with offices across the world. They are currently looking to hire an ARLA-certified Head of Student Management to oversee the student accommodation arm of their business within the U.K.
Reporting directly into a company Director, the purpose of this position is to manage an expanding student property management & lettings team (and portfolio), along with developing business processes and standards improvements. You should be a strong, process-driven leader capable of developing customer-led, insight driven standards. You should also have experience from within both the HMO and Student Accommodation spaces as the role requires knowledge of legal & regulatory requirements within each space.
You will be directly responsible for a team of 12+ people (property management, lettings and administration staff) and a portfolio of 700+ student accommodation units within 5 major university cities across the U.K. - Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham and London. You will be expected to visit these locations on occasion, although you will be predominantly based in London.
- Experience of Property Management within both the HMO and Student Accommodation spaces;
- ARLA certified;
- Experience of managing a team of Property Managers;
- Experience of developing and implementing management and letting processes;
- Experience of reporting via key metrics including operational & financial data;
- Strong financial skillset including budgeting, tracking and analysing key financial data;
- A "customer (tenant) first" approach to service delivery;
- Ability to deal with a broad range of demands that comes with managing a dispersed portfolio of real estate;
- Holds a full UK driving licence.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (plus a minimum of 10% bonus)