Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£75000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + Annual Bonus, Car Allowance
10 months ago
Our client, a large residential managing agent, are looking to hire a commercially minded business leader to develop and enhance their surveying function.
The surveying team currently undertake all varieties of risk assessments, long-term management plans and general surveying project management work. The scope to grow this department is a top priority for the group - as Head of Surveying Services you will be responsible for developing a strategy to ensure that group activities grow and the profitability for the business increase. This is a great opportunity to be responsible for a business unit with instant impact and achievable results.
This role will predominantly be based in Hertfordshire but offers flexible home working.
- You will be responsible for:
- All surveying functions within the group of companies.
- Ensuring compliance and best practice of the department is critical to ensure the team provides the highest levels of services to all clients.
- Management and motivation of the team (some based remotely).
- Leading, managing and mentoring an expanding team of building surveyors nationwide;
- Developing and maximising the profitability of the team;
- Managing and supporting the team engaged on existing and future projects;
- Developing and improving the performance of the team;
- Formulating and implementing growth plans for the expansion of the department;
- Managing the recruitment, supervision, and development of staff within the team;
- Proactively promote the services of the department to the wider business to ensure future projects are awarded to the team;
- Identify and implement a growth strategy to be delivered for future periods;
- Implementing and monitoring relevant administration systems as well as standards for customer care;
- Ensure compliance for all functions and activities of the business;
- Provide training opportunities for the wider business;
- Review and implement best practice and process controls for the department.
- Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS);
- BSc in Building Surveying (or equivalent);
- Experience and evidence of performing in a similar role;
- A leader with a can-do attitude who thrives on delivering results;
- An ability to deliver business growth;
- Knowledge of the Property Management industry;
- A minimum of 8 years' technical delivery experience gained within a surveying role;
- IT skills - AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Good technical writing, client-facing, and communication skills;
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, and willing to work in a mutually supportive environment.
Package: up to £90k plus car allowance (salary dependent on experience)