£75000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + car allowance
10 months ago
Our client, a large residential managing agent, are looking to hire a commercially minded business leader to develop and enhance their surveying function.
The surveying team currently undertake all varieties of risk assessments, long-term management plans and general surveying project management work. The scope to grow this department is a top priority for the group - as Head of Surveying Services you will be responsible for developing a strategy to ensure that group activities grow and the profitability for the business increase. This is a great opportunity to be responsible for a business unit with instant impact and achievable results.
This role will predominantly be based in Hertfordshire but offers flexible home working.
You will be responsible for:
· All surveying functions within the group of companies.
· Ensuring compliance and best practice of the department is critical to ensure the team provides the highest levels of services to all clients.
· Management and motivation of the team (some based remotely).
· Leading, managing and mentoring an expanding team of building surveyors nationwide;
· Developing and maximising the profitability of the team;
· Managing and supporting the team engaged on existing and future projects;
· Developing and improving the performance of the team;
· Formulating and implementing growth plans for the expansion of the department;
· Managing the recruitment, supervision, and development of staff within the team;
· Proactively promote the services of the department to the wider business to ensure future projects are awarded to the team;
· Identify and implement a growth strategy to be delivered for future periods;
· Implementing and monitoring relevant administration systems as well as standards for customer care;
· Ensure compliance for all functions and activities of the business;
· Provide training opportunities for the wider business;
· Review and implement best practice and process controls for the department.
· Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS);
· BSc in Building Surveying (or equivalent);
· Experience and evidence of performing in a similar role;
· A leader with a can-do attitude who thrives on delivering results;
· An ability to deliver business growth;
· Knowledge of the Property Management industry;
· A minimum of 8 years' technical delivery experience gained within a surveying role;
· IT skills - AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project Outlook, Word, Excel;
· Good technical writing, client-facing, and communication skills;
· Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, and willing to work in a mutually supportive environment.
Package: up to £90k plus car allowance (salary dependent on experience)