N. W. London, London, England
£40000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Planning and Development Surveyor - North West London
My client is an established property investment, development and management firm with a passion for design led creation of quality spaces through considered architecture and innovative use of land and existing buildings.
Their portfolio is interesting and diverse; ranging across residential, commercial, mixed-use, re-generation and co-living.
They are currently seeking an experienced Chartered Planning and Development Surveyor to join their multi-disciplinary team.
You will work closely with the Founder and Associate Director on both Residential and Commercial projects, with emphasis on sourcing new opportunities and design led planning.
This role is best suited to a Surveyor specialising in planning and development. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, engaging with a range of consultants, agents, tenants, landlords and contractors. You will be driven to become a member of the investment, development and management team, feeding into a broad range of duties associated to a varied portfolio of buildings, use classes, scales and values.
Your core duties will include:
- Identifying opportunities within new and existing assets
- Appraising development schemes
- Overseeing active development projects as well as assisting with the overall management of the existing portfolio
- Continual review of existing portfolio for opportunities to add value and quality
- Feed into the process of new site acquisition including development, financial and risk analysis to support feasibility proposals
- Provide technical and professional guidance to the property management team including ongoing asset management and appraisal, forecasting and reporting on development and refurbishment projects
Skills and Experience required:
- Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) with 3-5 years' experience post chartership
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- A strong commercial awareness and technical knowledge
- A logical, practical and methodical mind, with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take ownership of tasks whilst still working well as part of a close team
- The ability to build lasting relationships with contractors, consultants, clients and colleagues
- IT competent: an understanding of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Project/scheduler and Adobe indesign is an advantage
- A strong source of trade and professional contacts
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
- Given the variety and scope of duties, you will not only gain excellent exposure, but you'll have the opportunity to prove yourself and progress within the business
- Competitive Salary - Depending on Experience
- Professional Membership Paid
- Sponsorship for CDP
- Private Health Insurance
- Strong Workplace Pension scheme
For more information please contact Morelle Pierson on the Investment & Development team at Dove & Hawk Property Recruitment.
0203 725 9832