£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client is one of the UK's largest property freeholders. They are looking to hire an enthusiastic, driven and experienced Portfolio Manager to join their busy team based in Southend-on-Sea.
The successful candidate will have joint responsibility for a portfolio consisting of 800 blocks. In addition, this role will offer exposure to the management of our 3rd party managing agents.
This is a rare opportunity to take a challenging client-side role within block management.
- Acting on behalf of one of the UK's largest freeholders;
- Working as part of a small team delivering reactive maintenance to a large & varied portfolio of residential blocks across the UK;
- Dealing with queries both internally and from external sources on a day-to-day basis, by phone, email and letter;
- Joint ongoing performance monitoring of external managing agents, addressing issues and highlighting these to Senior Management;
- Conducting occasional site visits and inspections;
- Reviewing leases, legislation and land registry documents for guidance on legal matters and repairs;
- Arranging repairs on a reactive basis and in compliance with CDM regulations - liaising with contractors, charge raising and invoicing;
- Ensuring Health & Safety and legislative compliance of the managed portfolio - coordinating Health & Safety reports and acting upon any findings;
- Coordinating major works projects - the serving of statutory notices, acting as principal designer on smaller-scale works and liaising with surveyors on larger schemes;
- Providing guidance on incoming Right to Manage claims and working closely with our legal team to see these through to completion;
- Occasionally undertake resident meetings with a view to preventing RTM claims.
- Minimum of 18 months of residential Block Management experience;
- AIRPM qualified;
- Strong knowledge of associated legislation;
- Fantastic communicaton skills (written & verbal);
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- £30,000 - £32,000 (depending on experience)
- 9am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Continued support with IRPM/ARMA development