£31.00 - £35.00 per hour
3 months ago
Job Title: Principal Planner
Location: South East London
Hours: 35 hours p/w
Length of Contract: 3 months
Pay Rate: £31-35 p/h (DOE)
- To be the lead Planning Officer for a defined area to ensure a co-ordinated approach to planning, development and regeneration within that area.
- To assist the Area Delivery Leads or Major Applications Coordinator in the management of the team and undertaking work of a strategic nature.
- To lead and manage complex agreements including commissioning and clienting professional services and managing the risk to the council.
- To provide guidance to key strategic decision-makers and making a full contribution to the achievement of relevant performance targets and corporate outcomes.
- RTPI-recognised degree level qualification in Town Planning or equivalent
- Eligible for Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant planning legislation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and awareness of current issues and developments affecting planning, growth, urban regeneration and local government in London.
- Extensive experience of Town Planning work, including significant experience of development control work with responsibility for dealing with a planning application caseload that includes major and complex applications.
- Providing advice to Councillors, senior officers, developers and the public on all aspects of planning applications.
- Negotiating planning obligations, or similar, in respect of complex development proposals.
- Dealing with all types of planning appeals, including giving evidence at public inquiries.
- Worked at a high level of advocacy and sensitivity in dealing with contentious information, combined with a particular awareness of political sensitivities.
- Providing supervision and/or guidance to more junior staff.
- Project and programme development and managing of client relationships
If you are an experienced planner living in or close to South East London and would like to secure a flexible new role for the next 3 months then please apply now for immediate consideration and further info.