City of London, London
£45000 - £55000 per annum + £5000 car allowance, bonus, shares
9 months ago
My client, a developer specialising in the Build to Rent industry, are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their team.
This role will require someone with working knowledge and experience in managing the delivery of construction projects and contracts.
You will be based in London offices 1-2 days per week - the remainder will be spent covering The Midlands, so good travel route access is essential.
The desired candidate will ideally have experience in a variety of property sectors including residential and be able to demonstrate a sound market knowledge and judgement together with in-depth understanding of construction contracts and project management techniques.
You will have good communication skills and be able to form sound, professional relationships with delivery partners.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assessment and interpretation of legal documents, reports, surveys and planning conditions and how these may affect the delivery/construction processes
- Overseeing the preparation of construction contracts and all associated documents (including surety documents) that support and match the agreed financial parameters and scope of the project
- Understand the management of the external professional team including preparation of appointment documents and collateral warranties
- Negotiation with house-builder partners to ensure commercial returns
- Preparation of monthly site progress reports for Board sign off
- Work with an Employers Agent through the project delivery and understand the process of work in progress valuations
- Represent the Client at the monthly contractor meetings and on a day-to-day basis
- Review cash flow performance to ensure budgets are managed and not exceeded
- Ensure that all health and safety matters relating to this role and the role of others in the construction process is observed and conducted accordingly. Be aware of the duties of the Client under the CDM regime
- Monitoring of contractor/partner discharging of all associated planning conditions and statutory obligations
- Assist with the coordination of handover of units into the lettings team
- Work with and manage house-builder partners to achieve the objectives above
- Travel to sites, meetings and similar, with occasional overnight stays if required
Skills and experience required:
- Proven Project Management experience of minimum 3 years
- MRICS would be beneficial
- Degree educated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential in this role as you will be required to engage in commercial negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, and effectively influence outcomes.
- Flexible and motivated attitude who will be able to adapt and thrive in an environment where the workload is busy, varied and senior
- Strong analytical, numeric and problem solving capabilities whilst being commercially astute and focused on delivery
- Able to motivate and encourage all those associated in delivering the aims of the project
- Full UK Drivers license
This role will be based from their City offices 1-2 days per week, with the remainder spent on site in surrounding areas, focusing on the Midlands.
- Salary of £45,000-£55,000 depending on experience
- £5,000 car allowance
- Discretionary bonus
- Share opportunities
For more information please contact Morelle Pierson on the Property Management team at Dove & Hawk Property Recruitment.
0203 725 9832