City of London, London
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum + benefits and bonus
about 1 year ago
April / May 2020
My client, an industry leading developer specialising in BTR, are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their London based team.
They currently have schemes completed or under construction throughout London, North West and Southern England, the M25 commuter belt & across the West Midlands
This exciting role will involve working closely with construction partners to manage the delivery process within contractual parameters, ensuring that developments are completed on time and on budget.
The successful Project Manager will be joining a niche and highly ambitious team, based in the City, covering London and the M25 corridor.
You must have working knowledge and experience in managing the delivery of construction projects and contracts. You will have experience in a variety of property sectors and be able to demonstrate a sound market knowledge and judgement together with in-depth understanding of construction contracts and project management techniques.
Your duties will include:
* Assessment and interpretation of legal documents, reports, surveys and planning conditions and how these may affect the delivery/construction processes
* Overseeing the preparation of construction contracts and all associated documents (including surety documents) that support and match the agreed financial parameters and scope of the project
* Understand the management of the external professional team including preparation of appointment documents and collateral warranties
* Negotiation with house-builder partners to ensure commercial returns
* Preparation of monthly site progress reports for Board-level sign off
* Work with an Employers Agent through the project delivery and understand the process of work in progress valuations
* Represent the Client at the monthly contractor meetings and on a day-to-day basis
* Review cash flow performance to ensure budgets are managed and not exceeded
* Ensure that all health and safety matters relating to this role and the role of others in the construction process is observed and conducted accordingly.
* Be aware of the duties of the Client under the CDM regime
* Monitoring of contractor/partner discharging of all associated planning conditions and statutory obligations
* Assist with the coordination of handover of units into the lettings team
- Work with and manage house-builder partners to achieve objectives
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong analytical, numeric and problemsolving capabilities
- Commercially astute and focused on delivery
- Able to manage and motivate all those associated in delivering the aims of the project
- Able to engage in commercial negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, and effectively influence outcomes
- Flexible, motivated and able to adapt & thrive in an environment where the workload is busy, varied and requires senior expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to drive and be prepared to travel to sites, meetings and similar, with occasional overnight stays a possibility
- Salary of circa £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience
- £5,000 car allowance
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent benefits package
- Strong pension scheme
For more information please contact Morelle Pierson on the Investment & Development team at Dove & Hawk Property Recruitment.
0203 725 9832