Marble Arch, London
Up to £26000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Our client, a successful multi-branch estate agency, is recruiting for an exceptional Property Administrator to join them at their Marble Arch office. The main focus of this role is to provide administrative support to their Property Management team.
- Responsible for providing support in the management and administration of all day to day reactive maintenance requirements across the Block & AST portfolio.
- Responding appropriately to issues as they arise, and dealing effectively with the consequences using initiative to priortise according to the business' need.
- Assisting Block Manager with preparation of Annual Service Charge Budget and ensuring budgets go out to leaseholders with covering letters and demands on time.
- Daily data inputting and ensuring systems are kept up to date.
- Liaise with Property Manager and Accounts regarding company secretarial matters, directorship appointments and resignations, etc.
- Liaise with Property Manager regarding sales packs and legal enquiries.
- Liaise with Accounts Department and others as required, regarding payment of service charges and other charges.
- Assisting with arrears collection if required, including attending court where necessary.
- Dealing with move-in processes i.e. referencing, ID checks and AST contracts (training to be provided).
- Instructing external contractors for ad-hoc minor repairs having firstly discussed with the Property Manager.
- Liaising with contractors to ensure access is given for works whilst reporting to the Property Manager.
- Processing, checking and approving all invoices relating to reactive maintenance jobs and ensuring that the workflows are kept free.
- Ensuring compliance and record keeping for requirements under the Housing Act 1988 (as amended in 1996 & 2004) relating to Gas, Electric installations, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detection and other items that arise as a result of legislative changes.
- Liaising with external managing agents over H&S compliance and maintaining the database records relating to fire emergency plans in non-managed buildings where we have AST occupiers.
- Coordinating regular management inspections on a cyclical basis for the Property Manager and maintaining reports accordingly.
- Instructing inventory check in and check outs with the appropriate supplier at the commencement and end of tenancies and ensuring that all documentation is digitally store on the network.
- Registering deposits on TDS for tenants on new lettings and liaising with the internal teams to ensure the timely release at the end of tenancies.
- Assisting with all dilapidations due at the termination of leases; obtaining quotations for works required and communicating all proposed deductions to the tenant.
- Informing the appropriate authority and utility providers of meter readings and changes to account information at the commencement and termination of all leases.
- Ensuring the highest cover of customer service at all times with all internal teams, external stakeholders & customers.
- Providing cover for other team members during holiday and sickness absence, and during busy periods.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in the residential property sector, preferably within Central London.
- A relevant academic background or studying towards property sector qualifications.
- Articulate telephone manner and strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to problem solving.
- The ability to work independently with little supervision over tasks.
- Experience of using Qube PM and Qube SLM (Aspasia).
- A practical approach to problem solving and an ability to prioritise tasks.
- Good listening skills and a confidence in handling difficult conversations.
Hours: 9am-6pm Monday to Friday
For more information please contact:
Senior Consultant - Property Management
DDI: 0203 725 9837