£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Dove & Hawk are working alongside a well-established independent building surveying consultancy with a portfolio across the region of Kent / South East London. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Block Manager to join their team.
Duties/Functions of the role:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 20-25 blocks consisting of circa 400 units.
- A mindset of LEADERSHIP in respect of your assigned portfolio, LEADING clients to make correct decisions, not expecting clients to lead you
- Good understanding of building pathology and resolving common defects
- Excellent understanding of Share of Freehold and Resident's Management Company clients.
- Experience and passion for PropTech, preferably experience working with Blockman & FixFlo among others
- Handling client and leaseholder correspondence in a considered and structured way
- Rolling out planned and reactive maintenance
- Project Management and handling of s20 consultations.
- Reviewing, setting and managing service charge budgets
- Delegating to Assistant and supporting staff.
- Working closely alongside our in-house Building Surveying and Maintenance crews.
- Conducting thorough site inspections using company software.
- Acting as a mentor and resource to AM's Property Managers, Junior Property Managers and Property Management Assistants.
- Coordinating and chairing AGM's and resident meetings.
- Line Management of a small team.
- Reporting to our Head of Block Management
Requirements of the role:
- At least 5 years Block Management experience as Block/Property Manager working within a private residential portfolio.
- Full membership with the Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) preferable, at least Associate Membership with IRPM may be considered, or other similar.
- Associate Membership with Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) preferable, or other similar.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full UK driving license
Hours: 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum