£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance
12 months ago
Our client, a nationwide estate agency and property consultancy, is looking to hire a Senior Chartered Surveyor to work within their Rural team in Cambridge.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Rural Surveyor with responsibility for a range of clients delivering high levels of service and developing new business opportunities. An engaging and varied role, tasks range from the valuation of rural property including farms, estates, and residential property; to working strategically identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities to cross sell other services within the business.
As an ambitious individual, you will be responsible for delivering a mix of valuation, landlord and tenant, compensation, and other professional work. This role is ideal for a self-motivated, qualified land agent who would like a challenge as part of a wider team focusing on rural professional, estate management and farm agency work.
- Valuation of rural property for loan security purposes including farms, estates, and residential property. Included within the work we undertake are some specialist valuations of nurseries and high value cropping land;
- Responsible for delivering a mix of valuation, landlord and tenant, compensation, and other professional work;
- Identifying opportunities from valuation inspections to cross sell other disciplines from across the firm including Planning and Development, commercial and energy work. Where such potential is identified to liaise with team members across divisions to deliver client work;
- Working with the Partners to expand this aspect of the business;
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities including general professional work;
- Client relationship management;
- Participation in the development and implementation of an effective profit centre business plan developed in-line with the Carter Jonas vision;
- Pro-active participation in the management and development of team members.
- Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) with a minimum of 5 years PQE within Rural surveying;
- A successful track record in professional work;
- A successful track record in developing relationships with existing and potential clients;
- Actively seeks out continuous self-development, broadening knowledge and experience;
- Ambition to be part of a successful team in a successful firm;
- Numerate with excellent communication skills;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent using Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Ability to self-motivate.
Basic salary: £38,000 - £40,000
Car allowance: £3,675 - £4,515
Other benefits: Group pension, flexible benefits, referral scheme, 25 days annual leave.