West End, London
£38000.00 - £40000 per annum
5 months ago
My client, a firm of national independent property advisors based in London are seeking a Senior Surveyor to join their Commercial Property Management team based in London's West End.
- Manage a portfolio of Commercial property including: office space, retail and industrial property.
- Supervision of site staff to ensure best performance, including SHW's own Facilities Manager/s.
- Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 and general asset management advice.
- Supervision and [re]tendering of maintenance contracts with particular emphasis on performance and value for money.
- Overall responsibility for all client-based service provision on the portfolio in accordance with the Management Agreement and SHW's Quality Assurance procedures.
- Ensuring a high level of customer care is provided to tenants and clients.
- Ensuring that the Property Management Database (Qube) is up to date to comply with Quality Assurance procedures.
- Management of tenant and fee invoice debt, to keep it to a minimum, in association with SHW's credit control department. Where appropriate, engaging bailiffs or solicitors for recovery action.
- Obtaining competitive quotations from contractors for works required at managed properties and to report these to the Partner, or client, with recommendations.
- Co-ordination of major works and refurbishments and external consultants, for example solicitors, accountants, M&E consultants etc.
- Taking responsibility for all Health & Safety.
- Regular site visits, inspections and tenant meetings.
- Monitoring of vacant properties to ensure all insurance requirements are met and advising clients on any measures required.
- Renewing of buildings and terrorism insurance and liaison with the brokers and loss adjusters, for example in respect of any claims. Also recharging insurance premiums to tenants, where required.
- Engaging utility brokers to ensure best value is achieved for utility supplies to the portfolio. Also recharging utilities to tenants, where required.
- Assisting with new business enquiries and tender opportunities and all marketing initiatives, in general.
- Participate in departmental Business Plan strategy and service standard delivery.
- 4 years Property Management experience
- 4 years service charge and budget experience
- RICS Accredited or equivalent (preferable)
- Driving Licence (preferable)
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000
Hours: 9am- 5.30pm