£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
5 months ago
We are currently recruiting for an ARLA-qualified, experienced Property Manager for this exciting home-based position, working for a private landlord with a portfolio of 180-200 residential properties. Within this position you will be working under a self-employed basis.
This opportunity offers the successful candidate the autonomy to set-up the department (processes, procedures etc.) and run the management of this private property portfolio as they see fit. Based from home, there will be occasional travel within London and the wider UK, in order to complete property inspections and to meet Letting Agents, contractors, tenants and Property Managers.
- Managing an overall portfolio of 180-200 residential properties located mainly in London, but with some in other areas of the UK including Scotland, Yorkshire, Birmingham and Kent;
- Frequent liaison with Letting Agents and Property Managers;
- Ensure gas safety certificates and EPCs are kept up to date;
- Assist with the day-to-day maintenance of the properties;
- Ensure al client files are kept updated;
- Liaise with tenants in a professional manner via telephone and email;
- Produce monthly rental statements;
- Chase rent arrears (when required);
- Serving Section 21 and Section 8 notices;
- HMO licensing paperwork;
- Complete regular property inspections to ensure buildings are in good order;
- Arrange end of tenancy check-outs and cleans;
- Handle deposit registration, negotiations and releases;
- Liaise with contractors and arrange payment for works;
- Basic accounts data entry;
- Key management.
- ARLA qualified;
- 7+ years of residential property management experience;
- Experience of dealing with HMO licences and properties, including housing benefit and universal credit;
- Fantastic communication skills (verbally and written);
- Have a basic understanding of common maintenance issues (plumbing, electrical etc.);
- Able to review and compare contractor quotes;
- Able to use common sense to prioritise a busy workload;
- A desire to provide a good level of customer service;
- I.T. savvy - must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
Hours: 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000