Eastbourne, East Sussex
£26000.00 - £28000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
My client, a firm of national independent property advisors are seeking a Senior PRS Portfolio Manager to join their Residential Property Management team based in Eastbourne.
Management of an Estate of 220 units all of which are rented/available to rent. Plus various portfolios which include; a block of 16 flats, another block of 4, also 2 commercial units plus freehold.
- Dealing with day to day management enquiries and fault reports
- Dealing with contractors, grant funded organisations and tenants, inspecting properties and if within approved limits, instructing contractors using works order form to attend to required works.
- Chase and initiate works with contractors and keep reporting Manager up to date with progress
- Check through issued work orders to see if works orders have been started or completed, by telephoning the contractor concerned
- Code contractors incoming invoices on QUBE and send to accounts for payment
- Assist with chasing tenants with arrears, telephoning and typing letters, keeping reporting Manager up to date, to ensure minimal arrears
- Responsible for a maintenance budget of around £15,000 - £20,000 per month
- Check QUBE diaries or approved alternative database for all safety logs. Tenancy renewals/reviews etc and monitor efficient use of diary system.
- Inspections of properties annually and when repairs are required or works are proposed, and when necessary for other purposes (reading meters, checking on vacant houses and showing prospective tenants around etc)
- Carry out all tasks as per the Department's requirements
- Overseeing the release and return of keys, by maintaining a key logging system
- Liaising with other departments and offices within the company, assisting when requested
- ARLA qualified
- 3 years Property Management experience
- Full driving license and use of own, fully taxed and insured car for work use.
- A confident manner.
- A consistent and clear view on responsibilities and a commercial approach to decision making.
- Competent user if IT systems.
- Attention to details and organised approach to supporting an open plan busy office-based operation.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- A good knowledge of building surveying terminology and an understanding of disrepair issues.
- Will be able to work unsupervised and also as a part of a small team.
- Will be able to communicate well within the team and form good relationships with the team.
- Need to uphold the image of the company, be well presented and act in a professional manner
Salary - £26,000 - £28,000