£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Dove & Hawk are working alongside a Surrey based Block / Estate management firm who are looking for an experienced Block Manager to join their growing team. The role has 2 key parts: performing frontline communication with customers and reactive maintenance management.
Duties/Functions of the role:
- Reactive Works: Handle reported maintenance issues in a timely and effective manner (following internal procedures), communicating with affected parties throughout the process.
- Contractor Management: Source quotes and place orders with contractors to carry out works. Works orders need to be thoroughly briefed and followed through to resolution.
- Insurance Claims: Ensure all insurance claims are handled promptly and reconciled appropriately.
- Health & Safety: Ensure that health & safety legislation, policies, and recommendations are always adhered to.
- Expenditure Control: Generate purchase orders for works associated with the service charge. Ensure the correct coding is applied to each order and the cost does not exceed budget.
- Reports: Generate reports as required.
- Milestone Management: Ensure the planned cyclical tasks are accomplished on-time (within the specified timescales).
- KPI achievement: Monitor and achieve Key Performance Indicator targets (e.g., Average time for completion of reactive works).
- Provide frontline communication (telephone, email, and correspondence) with leaseholders.
- Respond quickly to customer contact in an appropriate way (following company standards/protocols - not always by email) and always with a professional and helpful manner.
- Data Management: Ensure our database is always kept fully up to date. Manage hard and soft copy data (including e-mails), ensuring all files are scanned, tagged, up-to-date and filed appropriately in our property management software system.
- Online Portal: Ensure the online portal is kept up to date with relevant and accurate information.
Requirements of the Role:
- Circa 2 years+ relevant experience. While a background in property/estate management is desirable, your experience could be in another field.
- Customer relationship management: Previous 'frontline' contact with customers is essential.
- Systems: Prior experience with software systems such as database management and ordering/invoicing is essential.
- Contractor management: Prior experience with managing contractors is highly desirable.
- A property qualification (e.g., IRPM Part 1) would be desirable, but there will be an expectation that you will work towards this qualification.
Salary Budgets: £30,000 p/a
Required working hours: 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday
Location of the role: Leatherhead, Surrey.
If you meet the required skillset of this role then I want to hear from you immediately as the role is available now. Apply with your CV attached.