|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||West End, London|
|Contact Name:||Morelle Pierson|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus|
Qualified Quantity Surveyor required!
My client, a Property Company with over £2 Billion worth of Property in their Portfolio, are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work closely with their Construction department, policing all construction costs across multiple projects that are procured under cost, alongside development management, construction management and design & build contracts.
You will monitor and manage every level of detail in order to establish costs and pricing.
You will need to interrogate costs to a granular level, ensuring that they are kept in line with honesty and best bottom line return of invest value.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will want to work within an entrepreneurial business, with a flexible approach, adapting to different ways of working to solve problems and achieve results.
This is an active cost control role, not retrospective cost reporting, so proven experience is essential.
Your duties will include:
- Interrogate all cost invoices received for materials and labour, plus construction activities
- Ensure all construction projects costs are accounted for and have been pre-approved
- Challenge contractor valuations monthly to ensure; pre-approved value, quantity of materials, sub contractors are paid in accordance with their contract and pre-approved variations, labour costs can be reconciled to site attendance records and CoW reports
- Supervise onsite Clerk of Works to investigate where any areas of concern onsite, including materials and staff numbers
- Measure drawings to establish major bulk / expensive material quantities and cross reference to those ordered/delivered
Skills and experience required:
- A motivated self -starter with circa 5 years + proven experience (RICS Qualified)
- Able to challenge construction costs, ideally with a developer or contractor working in Residential & Commercial sectors (Student Accommodation, Hotel etc)
- Detailed understanding of Commercial development from a cost control perspective
- Highly numerate, with excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to concisely present complicated and detailed processes to senior management
For more information, please contact Morelle Pierson on the Investment & Development team at Dove & Hawk Property Recruitment.